Thursday, August 2, 2012

Children's Museum

We went to the Children's Museum yesterday!



Above you can see the famous blow up doll of Arthur the Aardvark from the incredibly popular and successful PBS tv show. Arthur has been sitting up there since I was a kid (back in the 1990s). I'll be honest, as a counselor I've gotten tired of the Children's Museum. I've been there seven times with campers since I started working here. But summer camp isn't about me, it's about the campers, and for them it is perfect.


The Children's Museum has changed a lot since I was a kid. Some exhibits, have stayed, some have been updated, and some have been replaced with new exhibits. One of the great things about this museum is that it is an educational place as well as a fun place. There's lots of videos explaining different aspects of different cultures and scientific principles. The campers loved trying to blow bubbles bigger than their heads in the bubble room, or making dinner for me and Brittani in a play kitchen. Let me tell you that getting served by 10 kids 7 and under is a high energy experience. If you ever find yourself in the situation I advise that you eat your food quickly, because the child who is assigned to wash the dishes is probably bored and will take you plate to clean it before you get a bite.

The campers loved it (almost as much as Canobie Lake). And I know I said that I've gotten tired of the Children's Museum as a young adult, but I guess I was wrong because if you look below you can see that Brittani had a good time as well.

-Benjamin


No comments:

Post a Comment